Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chocolate Chip Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

I found this recipe on the lid of the my Quaker oatmeal box and I decided to give it a try. These cookies are soft, chewy and were gone in minutes. I was wondering were the name came from: vanishing cookies. Now I know. Here is how I made them:

Ingredients:
½ cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1- ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
½ cup raisins
½ cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
Add combined flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add oats, chocolate chips and raisins; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.
Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

I didn't have brown sugar and I skipped the cinnamon. The original recipe is with raisins, but I wanted some chocolate chips in my cookies. Next time I will put some chopped walnuts  instead of raisins. hmmmm. Maybe next time will be tomorrow :-)

Tags: Raisin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe, vanishing Quaker oatmeal cookies recipe

2 comments:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks for visiting.