Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour

My father has type 2 diabetes and I wanted to make something for him, something sweet. I know almond flour and oats are good for him, I bought some sugar free chocolate and I made these cookies. They freeze well so he can have dessert once in a while, he just needs to take one out from the freezer :-)
This is the Quaker oatmeal cookies recipe, modified for my dad.

Ingredients:
½ cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
12 packets of Truvia or other sweetener equivalent of ½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1- ½ cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
2 sugar free chocolate bars, broken in small pieces
almonds to top the cookies

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, beat butter and Truvia on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well.
Add combined almond flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add oats and chocolate; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Top each cookie with 1 almond.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.
Cool completely. Store tightly covered.


Tags: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe, almond flour Quaker oatmeal cookies recipe, cookies for diabetes, diabetes friendly recipes

3 comments:

  1. Look like this is a great gluten free recipe too! So sweet of you to make this special cookies for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe I am glad you like it. You know, I am still daddy's little girl, I like to cook or to bake for him, I remember he did the same thing when I was a kid. If my mom was tired he made me something good.
    So.... gluten free. Yeah it looks like it's gluten free. If you have to eat gluten free, this coud be your dessert.
    Thank you for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really sweet of you! This is for anybody a really smart dessert, nice but not bad for our bodies.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks for visiting.