Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Baked Acorn Squash with Maple Syrup

Quick and easy recipe for fall.
You might serve this as a side dish, but for me this is dessert :-)
I made it with butter and maple syrup, but you can use cinnamon, or brown sugar, thyme, salt, black pepper the sky is the limit. Super easy and super delicious.

Ingredients:
1 acorn squash
2 teaspoon good quality Maple Syrup
2 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Melt the butter in the microwave and allow it to cool slightly. Add the maple syrup to the butter mixture and stir it together well. Set aside.
Cut the squash in half. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and stringy inside in the center of the squash.
Score each half several times with a knife. Place the 2 halves in a baking dish on aluminum foil.
Evenly divide the butter mixture amongst each squash half.
Using a brush rub the inside of the squash cavity and the entire cut side.

Roast in a baking dish for about 1 hour, or until squash is easily pierced with a fork. Brush the butery maple syrup on the squash 2 or 3 times while baking.
Remove from oven. Cool and serve.

Enjoy it!

Tags: Baked Acorn Squash with Maple Syrup recipe, Roasted Acorn Squash with Maple Syrup, Acorn Squash with Maple Syrup recipes, Baked Akorn Squash recipe

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog and now following! I've enjoyed reading some of your past posts. I love the way you've organized everything!

    I'm a acorn squash lover, and this recipe looks divine! Thank you for sharing.

    If you have a moment, please stop by and say hello, new company is always welcome!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, thank you for the nice comment. The acorn squash with maple syrup was delicious, yesterday I baked another one. My boyfriend doesn't like it, so it all mine :-)
    Your blog is great. I bookmarked your raspberry charlotte and I will make it soon. Thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks for visiting.