Sunday, September 11, 2011

Spaghetti Squash with Tomato and Basil

I bought a spaghetti squash and I decided to make just half of it today. I made a savory squash recipe to go with a nice steak. The worst part of it was the fight with the squash. I had to cut it in half. Really, if you have a strong guy next to you just give him the knife to deal with the squash. Ohhh, I was exhausted. After that it was piece of cake. Tomorrow I will use the other half, maybe I will make it with some spaghetti sauce and meatballs.

Serves 2

Ingredients:
1/2 medium spaghetti squash
5-6 small tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
1 small clove garlic, crushed  
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Salt to taste
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Italian dressing (optional)

Directions:
Carefully cut the squash in half.
Scoop out the seeds and stringy stuff.
Microwave cut side up on high for about 8-10 minutes. Once the flesh can easily be poked with a fork it’s done.
Let it cool.
Scoop squash out of the peel with a fork into a strainer.
Toss in a large bowl with the tomato, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve with grated parmesan cheese or add a little italian dressing.


Tags: Spaghetti Squash with Tomato and Basil recipe, savory Spaghetti Squash recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks for visiting.